Saturday, July 14, 2012

Inescapable...

The beach reminds us of the inescapable... the inexorable... The constant march of waves, the sand going where it pleases, the annual return of tourists.

I think of power whenever near the ocean... A power beyond our control. I also see a future. a chance for my young species... A doorway to the rest of this world... The other 70%...

We are of water. It is our birthplace. I do not spend much time with it. My body seems ill designed for it. I feel uneasy in its presence. I always have. Whether it be the power or the possibility something always makes me uncomfortable in its embrace. I am an invader. It is an ecosystem in which i have no niche... No place.

I will always think of the beach as a place where everything else is paused so that life can move forward. It is a place where everything is by choice. It moves as slowly or as quickly as we do. It ignores us. It does not ponder our intentions. It reminds us to just be. We all come with our own thoughts, our own goals. The ocean remains the same. We can effect it. Everything effects evrything and no power is absolute, but we will never see our own changes.

And so the ancient one teaches... Of time... Of power... Of desire. The rest is up to us. The ocean doesn't ask where we go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment