Saturday, October 24, 2015

... this is gonna hurt like hell...

It has been a long year.

I had led a quiet life for so long.  I was often concerned that I was numb or simply disconnected.  Being content all the time was something I was told was impossible, and part of me listened.

I now know that I was never numb.  I was fortunate.  I understood the world and accepted it.  There were minor ups and downs.  I adapted to them.  I would say my life was filled with joy, but that isn't quite true.  I thought it was.  I had no idea.

I had seen it, but I didn't understand it.  Then, along came this girl.  I started using superlatives.  The concept of public ceremony made sense.  I finally understood what home meant.

But, as the universe has proven time and time again, all things balance.  To see all of the beauty, all of the light, to feel... you must take a risk.  I would learn of sorrow.  I would learn to cry.

Most importantly, I would learn that it was all worth it.  I got to be in love.  It redefined my reality.  It changed me.  I get to keep the memories.

I hope you all get the chance.

1 comment: