It does not claim the title "Emerald", but green stretches for hundreds of kilometers.
It is Autumn here. I can't say if the rain differs by season. Over the last few days it has come and gone quickly. The train I am on has passed several rainbows this morning. I don't get up to photograph them.
This country has 2 monarchs. Its largest cities named after Europeans, the rest of the country named in Maori. This land like my own, saw much bloodshed. Unlike my own, it sought redemption.
Branches slither by the window reminding me that the mind applies patterns to things unfamiliar.
The huge chunks of concrete atop cars reminding me that the ground moves here.
People speak of the land I left behind. I wish they would stop. No good news comes from that land.
The deer are herded here. Sending venison to places where people eat such things.
A man waves as the train passes by. The sheep either panic or ignore our passing.
The green goes on and on.
No comments:
Post a Comment