I believe I've written before about the need to write... The need to get something down... To express your thoughts in a lasting way. I can't explain it. Simply putting thoughts into medium has a profound effect. I will sometimes write simply because there was time and it just occurred to me. However, more often than not, I write as a form of release. The subject doesn't matter and often changes during the course of the writing.
I've found similar release in a number of things... music... physical exertion... I haven't been able to use yoga or meditation effectively to this end. I am of the opinion that I cannot be passive in this regard. Sometimes one can become too introspective. Sometimes I have spent too much time in my own head. Sometimes the internal thoughts become a jumble and I need to see which get filtered out as I write.
I've played out so many scenarios in my head that it can be difficult for the real world to catch up. I've never been very good at conceptualizing the actual events before they occur. All the thoughts amount to the passing fancy of a young man. The young man thankfully has learned that his own vision is poor. The conversations he imagines vary drastically from those he actually has. Alas, I have become no better at accurately predicting a result than I am in stopping myself from trying.
So, here I sit. The possible outcomes rolling through my head. Attempting to judge probabilities without all of the information. Unable to influence the results. Only one question keeps running through my mind...
Do other people's brains work like this?
No comments:
Post a Comment