I turned 33 today. We have often joked around the office about the age 33. According to popular folklore, Jesus of Nazareth died at the age of 33. In general, scientific discovery occurs before the age of 33.
All in all, men are considered "of age" at 33. The same might also be said at 30. Regardless, it feels good to turn 33. I have started telling my younger brothers and sisters that life begins at 30. There is something that effects you negatively in your teens and tweens. There is an overarching concept of "normalcy". Part of this is due to others. The bitter will relate opinions and events to your age. They can still do so at 30, but the society at large does not consider it acceptable.
As for me, there are a number of things that I want to accomplish. When I turned 30, I did react negatively. I let the things that I had wanted to accomplish and hadn't bother me. That was so long ago.
It took me 33 years to "just be". I do have goals for this year and the next, but goals and timelines are 2 different things.
For now, it is early June in Philadelphia. It is a beautiful time of year. My life is wonderful. There are things that I want to accomplish. I will.
No comments:
Post a Comment