On Wednesday, June 3, 2009 I became 33. I spent the evening with Ms. Elizabeth Ann Pierce. She, as usual, amazed me. I am a very lucky man.
I was greeted by well wishers via a number of venues. All in all, it was a sphadongle day. :-D
Those that have read my previous work know I write in abstracts. There are stories to tell, but I have very rarely felt that stories were mine alone. The public words, regardless of their medium remain unchanged over time. The same cannot be said of memory. The power and beauty of the ephemeral word is its fluidity. The story needs to change with time. Tales become legends. History must be documented at the time to remain accurate. Tradition is by its nature distinct from history.
And so, I will not be telling the world how I spent my birthday. I will simply tell the world that I am happy and let the world wonder what brings me joy. Eventually, the story will morph. Events that did not transpire yet will be mixed with the telling. The image generated will be a strange combination of images remembered through time. Eventually, the tale will either fade into oblivion or become the stuff of legends.
I can't wait to find out which one.
No comments:
Post a Comment