I have only vague memories of heartache. What I remember much more clearly is knowing that you are the source of another's heartache. I remember the tears in others' eyes... The tears I caused. I will never forget those. In truth, I will not allow myself to do so.
But no life is free from pain. Well, no life worth living.
We are amazingly resilient creatures by and large. We are designed to be tempered. This is much clearer in the physical world. Our skin forms callouses. Our muscles tear and are rebuilt stronger than before. Obviously we are limited, but one of the things that I find beautiful about us is that we keep getting back up.
The psyche has its own injuries. Its own scars and forms of healing.
I'm going to recall past injuries and the recovery that followed each. I am going to let time pass. I'm going to keep getting up. Some days that is more difficult than others.
No comments:
Post a Comment