My phone was lost somewhere between Dublin and Newark. A minor annoyance that left others unable to reach me. This morning I checked my voicemail to find a message from my sister Betsy. During the trip, the need for some way to contact the outside world weighed heavily on me. I purchased a phone in the Dublin airport along with 20 euros of call time. When I left, I gave this phone to my brother so that we could remain in contact. My sister did not have the number and so was searching for it.
I called her back, gave her the number, and explained the international dialing codes. She then told me the reason she had for getting in contact with my brother Sean. Above and beyond the desire to check up on him that we all feel, she had news. It appears that he and I are going to be uncles. That's right. While we were in Northern Ireland confronting death, my sister was in Tennessee contemplating birth.
My sister was the first of the five of us to get married and will now be the first to have a child. I don't want to get too excited until an MD has confirmed it but... WOOOHOOO!!!
And so the cycle continues. The planets revolve...
No comments:
Post a Comment