I would like to thank Kilowatts for a reminder. One sent to him
through the ages. Charley Chaplin reminding us about life. I sometimes
forget the lessons I have learned. I sometimes forget that it's all a
cosmic joke.
But every once in a while, I laugh... I laugh with an earnestness
that amazes people. I laugh as if the world is but a figment of my
imagination. I laugh is if I could die tomorrow., because.... well, I
can.
But, that sounds nihilistic. We fear nihilism. We have all run
into those who were thinking of or did take their own life. But
knowledge by its nature is dangerous. If we ignored all that was
dangerous, we would still live in caves (assuming we got that far).
But here I am again. Looking at the world in amazement. It all
seems so simple. The paths greed, hate, anger, and despair take are
obvious. The paths love, faith, and hope go down are unpredictable.
In the end, we started out as talking monkeys. Computers surrounded
in flesh. However, somewhere along the way, we became more. We broke
the bonds. We left the physical plane. We took ourselves out of the
evolutionary cycle. At that moment we became limitless. We stumbled
across the very energy that drives the universe. We learned to
manipulate things to our will. We became something else; something that
could not be calculated or quantified.
So I ask everyone to look around. Take joy in the unpredictable.
Take joy in those things that logic can't explain. In my limited
experience, those were the only things that mattered.
No comments:
Post a Comment