Monday, October 27, 2014

Refreshed (Originally published on January 13, 2007)

It seems so simple. Music, light, and good company. Every two weeks I go to a place where the world just melts away. .It's an experience that I've encountered numerous times in numerous environments. Last night it was almost instantaneous. Five minutes after I walked in the door, I felt free. I didn't really know how stressed I was until I felt it leave me. Long hours and tight deadlines were left somewhere on a dance floor.

I don't think I've ever thanked the people who share the experience or the people that organize it. I do so now, albeit in spirit. It's become so familiar to me and yet every night feels different. Endless compositions built on the same theme.

Now, it's Saturday. I will enjoy my recovered peace and user the power it grants me. There is a beautiful world out there which I have been blind to for a while. It's time to rediscover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment