Monday, October 27, 2014

Spring Cleaning (Originally published on January 7, 2007)

Perhaps "After Holiday Cleaning" is more accurate, but as the weather is indicative of spring, the feeling is the same. Windows open. The smell of Clorox slowly dissipating. A glass of wine on the table. Dinner on the stove. One if those serene moments when the "To Do" list in your head is all checked off. The traces of 2006 are gone. 2007 is upon us and I'm anticipating a fabulous year. Then again, I always anticipate a fabulous year. It's my way.

I'm not going to eulogize 2006. One of the reasons I write is to have a record of my thoughts at the time rather than through the screen of memory. I'd like to think I learned a bit. I'd like to think I helped others along the way. I know that I have no regrets. I know that I have not lost hope. My wish for all of you is that the same is true in your lives.

And now it's time to do another load of laundry and read a few more pages of Brave New World. Relaxed, renewed, and refreshed, it's time to jump into 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment