Monday, October 27, 2014

First of many (Originally published on May 27, 2007)

There will probably be many blog postings about the 10th anniversary celebration. I just wanted to put into permanence the thoughts running through my head.

Old faces, new faces, friendly faces, favorite faces.
Hours and hours we danced.
Inside, outside. Stomping, grooving, transcending.
The sun rose and on we went.

It was a weekend for me full of varied experiences. I could not ask for anything more. Stories about Woodstock from the mouths of those actually there. Hippies, now retired, carving the night with banjos and guitars. Sneaking off away from the lights. Reminding the world that free spirits are born in every generation. Tie dying shirts. Visiting the proverbial "camp" I had not known as a child. Driving on empty roads. Greeting, hugs. The ache in my feet and ankles I had missed so. Driving after staying up all night. Reading.

It's a weekend I will not soon forget. To all those who were a part of it, I say thank you. To the toddler who smiled and waved, the spinners, the dancers, the friends, the lover, the hippies, the digihippies, all of the people who filled my life with positive energy.... I wish you the joy you have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment