Monday, October 27, 2014

First draft... what do you think? (Originally published on July 6, 2007)

My sister has asked me to read at her wedding. I couldn't possibly borrow someone else's words. Here's what I've come up with so far.

Reflections of another time
Five children seated, laughing
Pure joy
Dozens of chair
Two people standing hand in hand
A sparkle in their eyes
Pure joy
Many roads have brought us here
To witness a beginning
The are well prepared
The road well worn yet new
I look upon them now
The light of the sun at dawn
Full of promise
Powerful yet kind
Love surrounds them
Love pours from them
To simply witness this
Pure joy
I do not know the road
I can offer them no aid
I look into their eyes
They do not need my help
It has been said "two become one"
But I say look upon them
Between them such light
A thousand new beginnings
The two become many
Pure joy
May the world be kind
My time temper this bond
May you ever know
Pure joy

No comments:

Post a Comment