It's been a while. But as my sister and I are were discussing this
evening, we haven't had time to process it all. So let's just start
with a bird's eye view. Since I last wrote, my life has been filled
with more magick than I thought possible.
For those of you who are not aware, on December 29, 2007 I ended up
with a 4th brother. That's right, all 3 of my sisters are now married.
7 has become 11 in 2 short years. My mother will need a bigger
mantelpiece for all the stockings.
Strangely, New Year's Eve did not effect me. I was in Mt. Juliet,
TN when the year came to a close. The days without sleep caught up to
me around 10:30 or so, and I was awoken by fireworks and cheering. In a
way, I am not ready to say goodbye to 2007. I don't know if I ever
truly will. Many years seem to be merely part of they cycle, a
combination of beginnings and endings. 2007 was a year of birth.
Many of my postings in 2007 related changes in the lives of others,
the magick reflected from others. My first of 2008 started out that way
as well. But something has happened to me recently. On a road in the
night, I was overcome. I still don't know if the driver saw me or could
hear the change in my voice as we sang to one another. It matters
not. I couldn't have stopped the tears if I wanted to. I had run
into magick in it's pure form.
I had fallen in love.
For those of you who have met Liz, you know I really didn't have a
choice. It's amazing it took this long. I must be quite the cynic.
:-)
I could go on forever. The last year could fill a memoir. The last
month could fill another. But baking protein bars, running a 6-minute
mile, and spinning poi in the middle of the Nashville airport all seem a
little insignificant right now.
As for the large issues facing our world as a whole, I've found a better forum for discussing those. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment