The radio wasn't displaying the time (just the station number), and so I'm not sure what I was listening to or where exactly I was. Somehow, that just seems apropos. When I arrived at my destination, the clock had already struck.
Music, and dancing, and sharing, oh my!
I can't shake the feeling that I did visit Oz. A place where things glowed in the dark and the world seemed distant. No phone to ring. No clocks. Even the sun decided to hide so that shadows would not mark the passage of time. Music everywhere. Gifts exchanged. The couple who fell asleep in front of my tent. Playing with a beach ball (sort of). Everywhere I looked, smiles. Truly, this place is only in my imagination. No place could be filled with such joy and love.
But wait, other people share these memories. The people that can suspend reality or transform it. People who have shown me a different way, a better way. What seems beyond belief, is that did it without trying. I started to miss them as soon as I had left them.
But, the car was from that other world. The world that knows it's 6:30 on Monday now. The people who loaned it to me in exchange for currency wanted it back by 3:00. Somewhere in my mind I knew that. I remembered the other world. When I finally saw a clock, it became apparent that a mad dash was now in order.
And so, I came back... in a way. Part of me is still dancing. It has been for over a year.
But, phones can connect me with those I love. I was showered in love throughout the day. As for clocks, I've never been a fan. If they can bring about any good, please let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment