Monday, October 27, 2014

Truth... beauty. Beauty... truth. (Originally published on May 23, 2007)

Occasionally, a sequence of events makes something terrible obvious. The events don't have to be monumental.

I was reminded tonight that it can be difficult to see the light in someone. I was reminded that petty things can annoy us and bring about feelings of dislike.

Then, as one often does, I considered my own eccentricities. Very few people are intentional inconsiderate. I may quite often say the wrong thing or not say something I should have. I'm quite difficult to offend. The same can not be said for all. If I am aware of any offense I do everything in my power to make amends, but I have found quite often that I was simply not aware of any wrongdoing. (In case you're wondering, this is meant to be abstract. I am not alluding to any specific event or person. I'm far too blunt for that.)

As if on cue, my sister reminded me just how silly it all is. When nothing is wrong, we seem to look for things. I assume that the man in the gym tonight wished me no ill. If he did, so be it. My life is peaceful and easy. I am loved and love in return. There is much joy in my life.

And so I wish everyone well. May they live their lives as they choose, considerate or not. May they have whatever they seek. As for me, I was reminded of what I seek.... Peace, love, and harmony.

If I am correct about the translation of Namaste, it is the perfect sentiment....

The light within me salutes the light within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment